1. Under-8 Girls >>> Puteri Rifqah Fahada of Selangor has taken a half point lead over the field. With 2 rounds remaining, two of her strongest rival i.e. Nithyalakshmi Sivanesan and Nur Faqihah Aminuddin were no longer in contention for the Championship title. Maisarrah Noor Akbar of Kuala Lumpur is now her nearest rival but is unlike to catch Puteri since they had met and the latter won. This category is likely to win by Selangor through Puteri.
2. Under-8 Boys >>> Tan Yong Zhao of Kuala Lumpur drew his 5th round encounter with the Danish Hamzah Al-Hadi Noor Akbar. This category is likely to be a race to the finishing line that can be separated by tie-break bearing any upset to them in remaining round. Tan holds 1.5 points lead in tie-break. Muhd Zulfikri Sulkifly is already out of contention for the Championship title. This category goes to Kuala Lumpur.
3. Under-10 Girls >>> Wendy Tan Li Ting of Kuala Lumpur had suffered a shocking defeat at the hand of Ee Sun-Xin of Selangor in Round 5. In an earlier round, she can manage only a draw against Nur Najiha of Selangor. With this result, it is unlikely for her to win the Championship. On the other hand Nur Najiha has taken a one point lead over the field by defeating her compatriot Ee in Round 6. Meanwhile, Nurul Aina Akmar Rohizan lost 2 consecutives rounds to Najiha and Wendy that put her out of Championship reach. This category is likely to win by Selangor.
4. Under-10 Boys >>> Yeoh Li Tian of Selangor has taken a half point lead over the field. He drew with Muhd Aziz Farhan Noor Akbar of Kuala Lumpur in Round 6. With the result, Yeoh has only Faizal Roslan to clear whom he is playing this morning. Bearing any upset, this category is likely to win by Selangor through Yeoh.
5. Under-12 Girls >>> Nur Nabila Azman Hisham of Selangor has taken a full point lead over the field. She had defeated one of her strongest rivals i.e. Hoh Tjin Hui of Penang. Fairuz Hamizah has consolidated to 2nd place behind Nabila with wins against Pavitranayagi and Tang Kar Khei of Penang This category is likely to win by Selangor through Nabila.
6. Under-12 Boys >>> Top seed Daniel Iskandar Arif Noor Akbar of Kuala Lumpur is out of Championship contention after losing his Round 5 & 6 encounter against Elgin Lee of Penang and Jeff Tan of Kuala Lumpur. Second seed Low Jun Keat of Selangor picks up 3 wins to place him back into Championship contention. While, third seed Tan Wei Hao of Kuala Lumpur drew two of his games yesterday to trail the new leader Jeff and Elgin by half a point. These 2 players are playing each other in a mouth watering encounter. No clear indication yet which state will win this title.
7. Under-14 Girls >>> Alia Anin Azwa Bakri of Malacca had suffered a shocking defeat at the hand of Latifah Kaisyah of Kuala Lumpur. After 5 rounds, the latter hold a half point lead over the field of 14. The number of rounds played in this category has been reduced to 7 at the start of the Championship. Second seed Amira Syahmina Zullkafli of Selangor is already out of contention for the championship since she only managed half point from her encounter with Alia and Latifah. Bearing any slip-up by Latifah, this category goes to Kuala Lumpur.
8. Under-14 Boys >>> After losing unexpectedly in Round2, Muhd Syakir Shazmeer Azhar of Selangor is back in contention thanks to many draws in Round 5 & 6 by players at top boards. He is half point behinds two unexpected new leaders from Penange namely Keok Kai En and Evan Timothy Capel. Muhd Nabil Azman Hisham of Sleangor championship campaign is all over after losing to Syakir and drew against Joshua Teo yesterday. Low Jun Jian championship quest is still on track with the helps from other players who split point in the Round 5 & 6. Keok is having 1 point advantage on tie-break over Evan where 2 of them are enjoying half point lead over the field. Keok created an upset in Round 4 against Low. However, he cannot extend his gain further because he could manage only a draw in the next 2 rounds. Evan won 4 games in a row followed by two draws against Keok and Low. This category is likely to goes to Penang since they have 3 out of 6 players who are still in contention for the Championship.
9. Under-16 girls >>> Nurul Akila Rohizan of Kuala Lumpur had suffered a 5th round lost to Renitha of Johor which means her Championship quest is most likely to be over. Latifah Syamimi of Kuala Lumpur picks up 2 wins and a draw yesterday to be placed 4th. Just like Akila, her Championship campaign is likely to be over unless she can stop Renitha whom she is playing in Round 7. With the resuls so far, Renitha is likely to win this category and gives Johor the gold medal.
10. Under-16 Boys >>> Lim Zhuo Ren of Kuala Lumpur has obtained two more draws in Round 5 & 6. With this result he is unlikely to defend his title. He is trailing the sole leader, Edward Lee of Selangor by 1 full point. Sumant championship quest is over with the lost against Izz of Kuala Lumpur. Meanwhile, Izz himself has consolidated to 2nd place and the Championship title is very likely going to be decided in the morning with him taking on Edward. Just like Lim, Tan Ken Wei Championship quest is likely to be over with the lost against Edward in Round 4. No clear indication yet which state will win this title but the title either goes to Kuala Lumpur or Selangor. Some mathematical chances for Penang via Gavin Fong.
After 6 rounds, the Championship Quest by states: Selangor - 4 golds, Kuala Lumpur - 2 golds, Penang - 1 gold, Johor - 1 gold. Fight for Championship is still open for other 2 categories.