Wednesday, July 17, 2013
CAS Third Quarter Allegro on 8/9/2013 [A National-rated Event]
Source: CAS website
CAS would like to inform that the third installment of the Allegro series will be held on 8th Sept @ DAT Chess Connections, 4th floor, Wilayah Complex, KL.
This is a NATIONAL-RATED Event. The event will be divided into two categories namely Category 1 for players with National Rating 1400 and above, while Category 2 for players below National Rating 1400. Due to space constrain with the new setup in the playing hall, we can only accept the first 120 entries in total.
How is this year edition going to be different from previous years?
1. CAS has decided to raise the prize fund to RM 3,000/= [Take note: Before 2013, the prize fund for this event was around RM 1,800 for two categories combined].
2. CAS has decided to offer equal prize fund for both categories. Over the years, CAS receives strong support from players in Category 2, so we felt that it is time that we should be rewarding players in this group.
3. CAS is introducing special prizes for Selangor Players.
4. CAS offers more cash prize for lower positions to encourage more participation.
5. CAS create more category prizes to encourage participation from all walks of life.
6. The event is going to be played over 7 rounds while maintaining the incremental time mode of 10 seconds per move.
We hope that with the improvise structure, we will continue to get strong support platform from the chess community to drive our events to new heights.
Click here to get a softcopy of the entry form.
For those who are interested to sign-up for the championship, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat. Pre-registration closing date is 4th September 2013.